[postgres-xl-general] Managing postgresql.conf on data nodes

tiredpixel tiredpixel at posteo.de
Tue Jan 9 11:46:11 PST 2018

Well, as I say, I'm not a maintainer on this project, so others might know better. :) But from extensive digging around for all the Docker image packaging I did, I *think* it's pretty much just external, or the pgxc_ctl method. (And I ended up ditching pgxc_ctl from my builds, for various reasons.)

I suppose alternatively you *might* be able to use `EXECUTE DIRECT`, but to my knowledge it doesn't support full DDL, and still won't broadcast across a cluster. Keeping Postgres-XL cluster configuration in sync is rather tricksy, in my experience (which is not to say anything against the excellent work which goes on in the project :) ).

https://www.postgres-xl.org/documentation/sql-executedirect.html

-- tiredpixel

Christophe Pettus (2018-01-09 19:40):