[postgres-xl-general] something wrong with my Postgres-XL

Tomas Vondra tomas.vondra at 2ndquadrant.com
Fri Oct 27 14:59:01 PDT 2017

FWIW after doing this on a 2-node cluster:

    create table t (a int, b int, c int);
    create table t1 () inherits (t) to node (datanode_1);
    create table t2 () inherits (t) to node (datanode_2);

    insert into t1 select mod(i,1000), i, i
                     from generate_series(1,10000000) s(i);

    insert into t2 select mod(i,1000), i, i
                     from generate_series(1,10000000) s(i);

    vacuum analyze t;

I do get a plan like this:

                         QUERY PLAN
 Finalize GroupAggregate
   Group Key: a
   ->  Remote Subquery Scan on all (dn1,dn2)
         ->  Sort
               Sort Key: t.a
               ->  Gather
                     Workers Planned: 4
                     ->  Partial HashAggregate
                           Group Key: t.a
                           ->  Append
                                 ->  Parallel Seq Scan on t
                                 ->  Parallel Seq Scan on t1
                                 ->  Parallel Seq Scan on t2
(13 rows)

Which seems mostly reasonable, I believe.

regards