[postgres-xl-general] EXPLAIN (FORMAT JSON) triggers segmentation faults

Didier Baquier didier.baquier at oneup.com
Wed Nov 15 13:46:50 PST 2017

Hi all,

I am facing an issue when explaining any query with the JSON format
parameter. If I remove the "(FORMAT JSON)" everything works well. The
segfault is triggered for any queries. Please find below
the stacktrace, let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for your help.

PG-XL version: postgres-xl-9.5r1.5
Setup: 1 gtm/2 coords/4 datanodes (in production)

Psql on the coordinator:

> domains=# EXPLAIN (FORMAT JSON) SELECT * FROM app_user;
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally

Logs from the coordinator:

LOG:  server process (PID 10287) was terminated by signal 11: *Segmentation
> fault*
> DETAIL:  Failed process was running: EXPLAIN (FORMAT JSON) SELECT * FROM
> app_user;
> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
> current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
> repeat your command.
> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
> current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
> repeat your command.
> LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
> LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2017-11-15
> 20:41:50 UTC
> LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> progress
> LOG:  redo starts at 0/12EFF718
> LOG:  invalid record length at 0/12EFF790
> LOG:  redo done at 0/12EFF768
> LOG:  last completed transaction was at log time 2017-11-15
> 20:42:18.20223+00
> LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
> LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
> LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
> LOG:  cluster monitor started

Didier BAQUIER
CTO @ OneUp.com