[Postgres-xl-general] Databases don't work after one datanote becomes down

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 19:32:00 PDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Michael Kechinov <sam at mkechinov.ru> wrote:

> Hi.
> We build 3 datanodes using Postgres-XL and tried to see what happens if
> one datanote becomes down. Everything goes down. Is it correct behaviour?

That'w how it works. But you should be able to read/write data managed by
other datanodes, even when one datanode is down. For replicated tables, you
should be able to read from the replicated table, but not write to it. This
is because we don't have any mechanism (yet) to resync replicated tables on
a failed datanode.

> How to avoid it (except replication of datanotes).

We recommend setting up a streaming replica of a datanode and failover in
case of the datanode failure.

Thanks,
Pavan

--