[Postgres-xl-general] Error while initialising postgres-xl 9.5r1.3 - failing to start gtm_proxy

Varun Shaji varunshaji at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:16:16 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

I have been using the xl 9.5 version and recently updated to 1.3 . And when I try installing the cluster
the cluster fails to initialise the cluster.

This happens specifically during starting gym_proxy

my configuration for gtmproxy is like

gtmSlave=n					# Specify y if you configure GTM Slave.   Otherwise, GTM slave will not be

#---- Overall -------
gtmProxy=y                 # Specify y if you conifugre at least one GTM proxy.   You may not configure gtm

gtmProxyDir=/testdir/gtmProxy

gtmProxyNames=(gtm_pxy1 gtm_pxy2)
gtmProxyServers=(slave1 slave2)
gtmProxyPorts=(20001 20001)
gtmProxyDirs=($gtmProxyDir $gtmProxyDir)

when I run

pgxc_ctl: init gym_proxy all

It succeeds

and when I run
pgxc_ctl: start gtm_proxy all

It fails to run -:  gtm_proxy cannot access the server configuration file "/home/user1/gtm_proxy.conf": No such file or directory

I guess something has been added in the recent release which changes the behaviour of gym_proxy.It looks in the home directory even after setting the directory in pgxc_ctl configuration

 As we were using same pgxc_ctl configuration previously for configuring clusters.

Regards
Varun SS