[Postgres-xl-general] Problem adding node using pgxc_ctl

Michael Misiewicz mmisiewicz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:07:05 PST 2016

pgxl_ctl prepare - and then light modification (editing the number of datanodes, IP address).

By default it configures 4 DNs - and for my toy example, I reduced it to 1 datanode, with the intent of adding a second.

I see exactly what you mean now. Changing those keys to have only one “none” (i.e. consistent with my one data node) worked. I was able to run the add node command successfully, and I see all the administration (SQL commands) were executed successfully. I’m seeing the datanode now in pgxc_nodes.

One last question: in Mason’s message some time ago, he mentioned that the “add datanode” command would update pgxc_ctl.conf, though that doesn’t appear to have happened in this case. Should I manually update this file to correspond with my new cluster configuration?