[Postgres-xl-general] pgxc_ctl : add slave datanode failed

Florian Iragne florian at iragne.fr
Mon Apr 18 04:47:47 PDT 2016

Hi,

I try to add slave datanodes to my setup to test failover. However, it
fails with the following error:

postgres: Postgres-XL: must start as either a Coordinator
(--coordinator) or Data Node (--datanode)
pg_ctl: could not determine the data directory using command
""/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres" -C data_directory -D
"/home/postgres/pgxc/nodes/dn_slave" "

and indeed, if i add --datanode to this command and run it on the slave
datanode, it works.

I've tried to look at the source code, and modified the pg_ctl.c file to
add --datanode, but it didn't work : it pass to a further step but fails
with:
LOG:  skipping missing configuration file
"/home/postgres/pgxc/nodes/dn_slave/postgresql.auto.conf"
pg_ctl: directory "/home/postgres/pgxc/nodes/dn_slave" is not a database
cluster directory

and the master datanode pg_hba.conf file is corrupted.

I don't think i miss something in the command line, but here it is:
add datanode slave postgresxl_datanode_1 172.16.3.15 5432 6432
/home/postgres/pgxc/nodes/dn_slave none
/home/postgres/pgxc/datanode_archlog/

thanks for any help

Florian