[Postgres-xl-general] "ERROR: Failed to get pooled connections" with cross-node join

Krzysztof Nienartowicz krzysztof.nienartowicz at unige.ch
Wed Sep 30 10:06:44 PDT 2015

I would give it a spin, it all depends on your workload. Be also sure all
the (data) nodes recovered before you start any new operation..
We test on 4 nodes x 20 HTcores heavy bulk ingestion and transformations
with tens of TBs and billions of records in partitioned tables, with 64-300
cores accessing the DB cluster to stream in, update some small tables etc..
The main problem XL has is the stability _after_ the configuration or even
application errors. Sometimes it is possible to recover by easy cleanup,
sometimes restart helps, sometimes scratch of the cluster is needed. The
robustness should be the main development focus, to get nearer to what
Postgres got us accustomed to over last years. Until it happens, you might
face such errors til your setup gets into an equilibrium.