[Postgres-xl-general] "ERROR: Failed to get pooled connections" with cross-node join

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:56:03 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Tobias Oberstein <
tobias.oberstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 01.10.2015 um 18:24 schrieb Krzysztof Nienartowicz:
>
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/postgres-xl/mailman/message/32859533/
>>

> Sorry, I missed reading the message you linked.
>
> postgres at bvr-sql18:~$ ulimit -n
> 1048576
> postgres at bvr-sql18:~$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max
> 49152
> postgres at bvr-sql18:~$

Can you do a check on how many backends are running on the machine, summed
across all the datanodes/coordinators? Since you are not using gtm_proxy,
you might be be hitting the compile time limit of 1024 GTM threads as GTM
spawns a one thread per connection. GTM proxy is supposed to reduce that
number (and also messages exchanged) by grouping and multiplexing messages
from various backends to a single (or a few) connection(s) to GTM.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
 Pavan Deolasee                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/