[Postgres-xl-general] Adding a data node with pgxc_ctl

Chan Ang Loon (I2R) chanal at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Sun Feb 1 19:12:12 PST 2015

postgres=# \c n1
n1=# create table t2 (id int);
ERROR:  Failed to get pooled connections

n1=# create database n2;
ERROR:  Failed to get pooled connections

> Since it later worked on retry, there is probably some bug with setting up connection pools.

Hi, the error is actually consistent, if I connect back to “n1” (so named to indicate there was 1 datanode at the time of creation), I get the same error.

So the summary of the output I pasted in the last mail:

1.       With 2 coordinator 1 datanode – Create database “n1” and table “t1” inside

2.       Add second datanode with pgxc_ctl

3.       With 2 coordinator 2 datanode – Error when connected to “n1” (statements that triggered error copied). No error when executing same statements when connected to “postgres” or newly created database.

-          Table “t1” seems fine though. Can still do select/insert on it.

A bit more info – here’s the addition to the pgxc_ctl.conf file.

# Existing
datanodeSlave=n

# Selected new lines added by pgxc_ctl
datanodeNames=( data data2  )
datanodeMasterServers=( data data2  )
datanodePorts=( 5433 5433  )
datanodePoolerPorts=( 6668 6668  )
datanodeSlaveServers=( none none  )
datanodeSlavePorts=( none -1  )
datanodeSlavePoolerPorts=( none -1  )

Institute for Infocomm Research disclaimer:  "This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you."