[Postgres-xl-general] comparison with citusdb

Adarsh J adarshaj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 04:26:40 PDT 2015

hi,
     I was considering using postgres for an upcoming project, which
has requirements of both OLAP and OLTP queries. After an initial
exploration, I could shortlist citusdb and postgres-xl as suitable
ones, but I could not decide between the two, since, there is no
comparison or benchmarks of these two against each other. I would be
of great help if someone can point me to such resource which would be
guide me in deciding the suitability b/w citusdb and postgres-xl. Any
insights b/w how these two solutions work is also highly appreciated!

thanks,
Adarsh J,
PhD Student,
IIT Kanpur