[Postgres-xl-general] PG-XC Internals and new-thumb puzzles

ray6080 ray6080king at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:06:32 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I’m new to Postgres-XC, and I’ve set up a small(10 nodes) cluster to do some tests. While I want to know some internal things about postgres-xc:

1. How does Postgres-XC use gtm to do transactional processing?
2. Are there any best practices(like performance optimization, configuration, etc.) for using Postgres-XC in production?
3. Can I add new nodes into cluster without restarting the whole cluster?
4. If master nodes(gtm master, coordinator master, or datanode master) are down, will slave nodes automatically replace the master nodes?
5. How do you guys do load balancing between coordinators in real practice?

Thanks in advance!

Jelly