[Postgres-xl-general] dblink and importing data from external database

Victor D. dorofeen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:36:59 PDT 2015

Hello,

I tried to use dblink connection to create a table in a local postgres-xl
database from SELECT statement running on remote database. So the first
connection query is:

SELECT  dblink_connect('conn', 'host=localhost port=5492 dbname=remotedb
user=dbuser password=dbpwd client_encoding=utf8');

 Then the query:

SELECT * INTO loctable1 FROM dblink('conn', 'SELECT col1, col2 FROM
remtable1') AS t1(col1 text, col2 text);

came to failure with the message:

ERROR:  could not establish connection
DETAIL:  missing "=" after "conn" in connection info string

But when I use immediately in the same session the same query as above, but
without table creation:

SELECT * FROM dblink('conn', 'SELECT col1, col2 FROM remtable1') AS t1(col1
text, col2 text);

everything works flawlessly.
I would greatly appreciate any advice how to solve that issue.

The database user has full superuser rights. The postgres-xl is installed
on 4 virtual nodes with Ubuntu 14.04.
I tried to execute the queries using psql tool. The host of remote database
is connected using ssh tunnel like:

ssh user at remotehost -L 5492:localhost:5432

Thanks in advance,

Victor Dorofeenko