[Postgres-xl-general] Invalid memory alloc request size

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:41:33 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>      The working mem was originally 100MB.  When I saw this error, I
> increased it to 1GB to try to alleviate the error.  Unfortunately, I got
> the error in both cases but I will try again.
>
> I am kind of not very hopeful that reducing work_mem would help in this
case. Even though, as Mason pointed out, the memory requested look same as
the work_mem, the work_mem is used to just limit the tuplestore in-memory
size, beyond which tuples spill over to disk

I would still be interested in getting a stack trace when the error
happens. That will give us a clue about the caller who is requesting such
large chunk of memory. FWIW, I tried with pgbench_accounts with some 100M
rows and with table size more than 1GB, but redistribute works OK for me.

Thanks,
Pavan
--
Pavan Deolasee