[Postgres-xl-general] Invalid memory alloc request size

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Wed Sep 24 15:31:10 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>      Yes, it appears (or at least is highly correlated) to be related to
> the size of the table - 60M rows  So, I dumped the table, truncated the
> table, added the node and then reloaded - no issues.
>
> Do you mind retrying with a smaller work_mem size? I believe you said you
set yours for 1GB. When redistributing, it will use a size of work_mem
internally. 1 GB happens to be 1073741824 bytes, and that error message
gets triggered at 1GB - 1 byte.

I think the fix here is for us to cap this to be below 1 GB if work_mem is
too high.

Mason Sharp

TransLattice - http://www.translattice.com
Clustered and Distributed Database Solutions