[Postgres-xl-general] Not able to run pgxc_ctl

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 04:57:29 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Ramanuj Hari <hari.ramanuj at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Finally given up to run postgresql-xl on FreeBSD.

Sorry about that. It should not too difficult to get things going on
FreeBSD, but we don't have the resources right now to do the test and fix
bugs, if any on that platform.

> Doing POC on CentOS 7. Manual mode is having issue, however it's nice to
> see pgxc_ctl is taking care of initialization and all other start/stop
> part.

Great. Please let us know if you see any issues on CentOS. Once you have a
good handle on things and if you decide to use XL, we can try again on
FreeBSD, if that platform is must.

> In our Company, we wanted to provide DB Cluster Solution for Analytics
> product, and evaluating postgresql-xl as best contender than that of
> MongoDB, given that MPP support available in XL.

Please keep us updated with your findings and conclusion.

Thanks,
Pavan