[Postgres-xl-general] Installation On Ubuntu/Debian

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:20:26 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>    Hey Dan,
>
>  I ran into the same problem when I was building on ubuntu.  You're
> missing jade and once it's installed (as well as the templates - very
> important.  Here's what I found I had to install (via apt):
>
>    - jade
>    - sgml-data
>    - docbook-dssl
>
> That should get you over the compilation issues.

Thanks Aaron for the feedback. You are right. Those tools are required to
build the docs. However, there is a problem in the sources available on the
website and it unnecessarily requires these tools even though user is not
interested in building docs. This has been fixed in the current master
branch.

One may try to remove doc-xc/src/sgml/bookindex.sgmlin file and that should
let the compilation go even without these doc building tools.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee