[Postgres-xl-general] Recursive CTE on replicated table?

Aaron Jackson ajackson at revionics.com
Tue Sep 23 20:13:20 PDT 2014

My colleague wrote a function that employed a recursive CTE.  It failed indicating that "WITH RECURSIVE currently not supported on distributed tables" - I read that as doesn't work on distributed tables but should work on replicated tables.  So we replicated the table and found we got the same error.

If true, it means that recursive CTEs will not work on ANY tables since a table must by definition be distributed (even if by replication).  Are we missing something here?

Aaron