[Postgres-xl-general] Unrecognized node type: 118

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Tue Sep 23 11:04:05 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>  Was creating a sample to demonstrate a problem with another issue I
> reported and came across this.  For completeness, I'm giving you everything
> I did.
>
>  create database sandbox;
> # switch to sandbox
> create schema client;
> reate table client.sales( storeid int not null, productid int not null,
> revenue numeric not null) with(oids = false) distribute by hash(storeid);
>
>  # insert some data into the table
> with client_data as (select (100*random())::int as storeid,
> (10000*random())::int as productid, round((random()*100)::numeric,2) as
> revenue from generate_series(1,100)) insert into client.sales select * from
> client_data;
>  ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 118

OK, this issue I can reproduce.  We will have to look into it.  WITH
regression tests are ok, but perhaps the coverage is not great enough. If I
remove the INSERT part it works ok.

>  # just insert directly?
> insert into client.sales(storeid, productid, revenue) select
> (100*random())::int as storeid, (10000*random())::int as productid,
> round((random()*100)::numeric,2) as revenue from generate_series(1,100);
> ERROR: Timeout while waiting for Consumers finishing

This one worked for me.

sandbox=# insert into client.sales(storeid, productid, revenue) select
(100*random())::int as storeid, (10000*random())::int as productid,
round((random()*100)::numeric,2) as revenue from generate_series(1,100);
INSERT 0 100

Did you use 6 nodes here? I may have to create a bigger configuration to
reproduce.  Anything noteworthy in your network configuration?

Thanks,

Mason

>  *Aaron*

Mason Sharp

TransLattice - http://www.translattice.com
Clustered and Distributed Database Solutions