[Postgres-xl-general] Failed to close remote subplan

Aaron Jackson ajackson at revionics.com
Mon Sep 22 13:21:15 PDT 2014

I promise to stop throwing out questions... soon!

I have a case where most queries work just fine, however, the following query fails every time, with the message "ERROR: Failed to close remote subplan".

SELECT s.productid, sum(s.value) AS revenue FROM ns.summary s group by s.productid LIMIT 1000

If I modify the query every so slightly, it's fine...

SELECT s.productid, count(s.value) AS revenue FROM ns.summary s group by s.productid LIMIT 1000

The coordinator (DEBUG1) logs "timeout while waiting for response" - which corresponds to the post-timeout in pgxc_node_receive.  Unfortunately, the datanodes don't seem to have much information.  Anyone have a specific suggestion about where to look to see what the remote data node did not respond.

Aaron