[Postgres-xl-general] Reload Replicated Table?

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 03:51:56 PDT 2014

Hi Aaron,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>   Have a table of 28K items - so really not much - table is distributed
> by replication.  Added 3 data nodes and tried to redistribute the data to
> these new nodes.  Ended up with table truncation errors due to foreign key
> constraints.  My guess here is that a table managed by replication doesn't
> need to truncate at either the source or destination...
>
>  ERROR:  cannot truncate a table referenced in a foreign key constraint
>
> I assume you got this error while deleting a node from replicated table,
is that right? I could ADD  a node to a replicated table which is being
referenced from another table. But I got same error like above while
deleting the node. We can definitely do better than this if we could figure
out that the referencing table is not located on the node where the
referenced table is getting truncated.

 My options appear to be

>  1. reload the table and dependencies
> 2. drop the constraint and redistribute then reset the constraint
>
> Yeah, 2 seems like to a good option till we enhance XL to handle
truncation of tables on nodes where they are not referenced by any other
tables.

Thanks,
Pavan
--