[Postgres-xl-general] Failed to get pooled connection

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 22:47:09 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 3:19 AM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>      Occassionally, my servers will fail with the daunting "Failed to get
> pooled connection" error message.  Usually, I will just restart (kick) the
> datanodes and coordinators to resolve the issue.  But there's no indicator
> about why it happens and it's frequency is so inconsistent that its just a
> little unnerving to see it when it happens.
>
>  Any thoughts about the root cause of this?  Anything I can look into in
> detail?

Do you see any networking issues here? But if restarting
datanodes/coordinators resolve the error, then it looks unlikely.

Does the cluster undergo any reconfiguration?

Next time this happens, it might be worth trying to connect the datanode
directly via psql (preferably from the coordinator node) and see if that
works ok. I wonder if you might be hitting some limits such as open file
descriptors on the datanode.

Thanks,
Pavan
--