[Postgres-xl-general] Failed to get pooled connection

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Thu Sep 18 19:49:00 PDT 2014

Hi Aaron,

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>      Occassionally, my servers will fail with the daunting "Failed to get
> pooled connection" error message.  Usually, I will just restart (kick) the
> datanodes and coordinators to resolve the issue.  But there's no indicator
> about why it happens and it's frequency is so inconsistent that its just a
> little unnerving to see it when it happens.
>
>  Any thoughts about the root cause of this?  Anything I can look into in
> detail?

What is your current setting for max_connections on the nodes? Are you
putting a high load against the cluster?

Anything in the log file on the datanodes that you are trying to connect to?

>  *Aaron*

Mason Sharp

TransLattice - http://www.translattice.com
Clustered and Distributed Database Solutions
Postgres-XL Support