[Postgres-xl-general] Failed to get pooled connection

Aaron Jackson ajackson at revionics.com
Thu Sep 18 14:49:34 PDT 2014

Occassionally, my servers will fail with the daunting "Failed to get pooled connection" error message.  Usually, I will just restart (kick) the datanodes and coordinators to resolve the issue.  But there's no indicator about why it happens and it's frequency is so inconsistent that its just a little unnerving to see it when it happens.

Any thoughts about the root cause of this?  Anything I can look into in detail?

Aaron