[Postgres-xl-general] Adding new datanode and "ALTER TABLE REDISTRIBUTE"

Dennis dennisr at visi.com
Tue Sep 16 10:27:52 PDT 2014

Hi all,   I am confused by the current documentation.  I have just added new datanode to my cluster and now I need to redistribute the tables to the new node.  The documentation says I need to "Redistribute existing data by using ALTER TABLE REDISTRIBUTE. The new datanode is now ready.”  (From: http://files.postgres-xl.org/documentation/add-node-datanode.html)

But there doesn’t seem to be a “ATLER TABLE REDISTRIBUTE” command.  So I am wondering if the correct command is to issue an “ALTER TABLE foo ADD NODE(new_node);” command and if that will redistribute the table and it’s indexes.  I am using both replicated and round robin distribution schemes currently.

Thanks