[Postgres-xl-general] I choose PostgreSQL or PostgresXL?

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Sat Sep 6 16:19:16 PDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 1:59 AM, Arthur Chan <arthur1977.chan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, I recently contacted PostgreSQL and PostgresXL these two database
> systems.
>
> My database needs are:
>
> 1 standard relational database, with ACID properties.

Yes, Postgres-XL is fully ACID, no worries there.

> 2 To be able to expand horizontally, that is, through multiple physical or
> virtual host for the database to read and write
>    To synchronize and load.

Yes, you will get more performance using more nodes.

> Will these two sets of databases can reach my needs?
>

> If the two can be achieved under the circumstances, these two operating
> systems in my demand there any restrictions or differences?

Do you mean you will use two different operating systems? In theory, that
is ok, but I think it would make sense to use the same OS and hardware if
you could.

> Thank you for your reply and help.

Good luck, let us know if you have any problems installing.

Thanks,

Mason