[Postgres-xl-general] Permission denied on pg_tablespace, pg_databases, etc.

Aaron Jackson ajackson at revionics.com
Fri Sep 5 08:32:44 PDT 2014

Colleague reported that he couldn't use pgAdmin without errors against one of my databases.  So I looked and it appears that even though we are superusers, we don't have permission to query the storm_catalog schema for this one database.
I tried the somewhat obvious  things like granting permission to the schema but that hasn't done anything.  The reason why this is concerning is because pg_dump leverages pg_tablespace, etc.  So, this failure causes the database backup routines to fail.
Any thoughts on the issue and/or a means to correct it?
Aaron Jackson
[Revionics_R_Logo-01.jpg]<http://www.revionics.com/>
Compete More Profitably

5000 Plaza on the Lake, Suite 200  |  Austin, TX 78746
O  +1-512-537-4094
M  +1-512-787-9346
ajackson at revionics.com<mailto:ajackson at revionics.com>

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.