[Postgres-xl-general] General query

Saurabh Gupta A saurabh.a.gupta at ericsson.com
Mon Sep 1 04:22:41 PDT 2014

Hello,
For a product of Ericsson, I am looking for a database which provides following performance/properties:

Linearly Scalable - Scales as we add more servers
Reliability - No single point of failure
Consistency - Durable and consistent writes
Data Affinity - Possibly most writes to local node
Self Managing - Easy to add and remove nodes in cluster

- Batched Operations to the Database
- No RDBMS support required
- Generally stored as Key-Value pair
- Mostly transient data. Lifetime from few minutes to few hours (In some cases data needs to be stored for 30 days).
- Can store data in the range from few GBs to 10 TBs (Across multiple blades).
- Evenly distributed reads and writes.

High throughput requirements
- 50000 - 60000 operations/sec/blade in non-batched mode
- 80000 - 100000 operations/sec/blade in batched mode

Can somebody answer on this please.

Regards:
Saurabh Gupta
Ericsson India Global Service Private Limited, Gurgaon