[Postgres-xl-general] Problem with connecting to the GTM from datanodes (I think)

John Melesky john.melesky at rentrakmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:08:03 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:51 PM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One possibility could be that the firewall is preventing the datanode/gtm
> ports to be accessible from the coordinator. Can you try a psql session
> from the coordinator host to datanode "datanode01" and see if that works
> OK? If not, then please try turning off firewall or opening the required
> ports.

Same error:
psql: FATAL:  GTM error, could not obtain snapshot. Current XID = 18028,
Autovac = 0

I looked into the postgresql.conf files on the datanodes, and discovered
that they were listing the gtm host as 'localhost'. Looks like that was a
side-effect of my cobbled-together pgxc_ctl.conf file starting from the
"cluster on a single node" conf example.

Changing that conf entry and re-init'ing finally got things running for me.
Thanks!

Yeah, pgxc_ctl tries to interprete that as command option and fails. I
> guess something like this might work:
> pgxc_ctl "stop -m immediate all"

That worked. Thank you!

--
John Melesky | Sr Database Administrator
503.284.7581 x204 | john.melesky at rentrak.com <john.melesky at rentrakmail.com>

Notice: This message is confidential and is intended only for the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the
sender and delete this message.