[Postgres-xl-general] JSON support

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Wed Jul 16 16:59:17 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>  I’m storing some structured and unstructured data together and decided
> this would be a good opportunity to leverage the ‘json’ data type.  So, I
> created a table that includes a field extension of type json.  I realize
> that the current version is based on postgres 9.2 and as such has limited
> (none) support for querying json fields.  So I attempted to leverage
> json_enhancements… compiled fine, but adding the extension failed on the
> following:
>

>                 Unsafe use of pseudo-type “internal”
>

> I am guessing the failure occurs in src/backend/catalog/pg_aggregate.c –
> though I’m not entirely sure but can verify.  If so, this would appear to
> be a specific PGXC change that may have been targeted at aggregates.  So,
> any suggestions on course of action?
>

> -          Wait for 9.3 support in postgres-xl
>
> -          Determine the reason behind the aggregate limitation and fix
> it in PGXC
>
> -          Remove the aggregation function from json_enhancements
>

> Thoughts?

Aggregate handling is indeed different in Postgres-XL. It would take some
additional work. If you do not need it, you could try removing it as you
suggest.

In terms of a 9.3 merge, we are gearing up to do that soon. So a
development branch should have that in the next few months.

Regards,

--
Mason Sharp

TransLattice - http://www.translattice.com
Distributed and Clustered Database Solutions