[Postgres-xl-general] Inter-node communication - encryption/authentication

Darren Cocco darrencocco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 21:12:09 PDT 2014

Hi,

I want to use Postgres-XL over the Internet but I am concerned for MITM and
impersonation attacks.

To mitigate that risk I would like to enable client certificate authentication
and connection encryption for the communication between data nodes and
coordinators.

I could not find any way to specify this in the configuration of the data nodes
or coordinators and I am wondering if this is possible.

I would settle for at least encrypting the communications.

Using a VPN(I have experience with OpenVPN) is not a solution I would like to
entertain at this point and it is a last resort option due to business
policies(getting policies changed is more painful than being flayed to death).

Thanks,
Darren