[Postgres-xl-general] Can't drop database

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Mon Aug 4 08:12:11 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Aaron Jackson <ajackson at revionics.com>
wrote:

>  Yeah, badly hosed.  The database shows up if I query it from the psql,
> however, it's completely unusable.  I attempted to connect to it and got
> the following:
>
>  postgres=# \c foobar
> FATAL:  database "foobar" does not exist
> DETAIL:  The database subdirectory "base/36981" is missing.
> Previous connection kept

Had you at some point tried to issue drop database commands? Either via a
coordinator or directly against nodes?

If you have not, do you have the log files and can see anything when that
first started occurring?

>  Is there any clean way to purge this database in a way that won't
> disturb the other databases?

You could issue drop database via EXECUTE DIRECT, connecting to another
database like "postgres", not the one you are trying to drop.