[Postgres-xl-developers] Issue setting up postgres-xl on multiple nodes.

Anusha Muthyampeta anusha.muthyampeta at stonybrook.edu
Wed Oct 25 16:46:11 PDT 2017

Hi Team,

      I am trying to set up postgres-xl on 2 nodes by having GTM running on
one node and Coordinator, datanodes running on another node. The version of
postgres-xl i am using is below:

psql (Postgres-XL) 9.5r1.4

(based on PostgreSQL) 9.5.5 (Postgres-XL 9.5r1.4)

I modified the configuration files on one node to have only gtm setup and
for coordinator, datanodes i have given another cluster node name instead
of localhost. And executed below command.

pgxc_ctl init gtm

pgxc_ctl monitor all -> GTM is up and running on 1st node

pgxc_ctl deploy node2 -> this should deploy Coordinator and datanodes on
2nd cluster node which i mentioned in the config

Error i get is line 186: $coordExtraConfig: ambiguous redirect

I didn't modify anything w.r.t this configuration.

What kind of configurations should we modify to have this kind of setup ? I
am new to postgres-xl. Please let me know if you guys faced similar issues
and how you resolved it.

Thanks,

M. Anusha