[Postgres-xl-developers] FreeBSD Port

Tomas Vondra tomas.vondra at 2ndquadrant.com
Sun Jun 18 05:54:27 PDT 2017

Hi Jov,

On 6/18/17 6:50 AM, Jov wrote:
> Hi,
> It is committed,or you will see bigger patch than now.I think it
> broken again because there is no buildfarm or CI for support
> platforms.

Hmmm, that's unfortunate :-(

> Maybe pgxl can reuse the buildfarm used by PostgreSQL?

I don't think we can reuse the existing buildfarm machines. But I think
we need to do something similar, to prevent issues like this.

FWIW I ran into a similar issue with this part of the build today. I
tried to build XL on a Gentoo box, and it happened not to have vi/vim
installed, so 'ex' was missing.

The make_signature script however does not check exit codes for the
commands it executes, so it seemingly worked. Compilation of
pgxc_ctl_bash.c however failed with strange issues like this:

     pgxc_ctl_bash.c:34:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #!
      #!/usr/bin/env bash
       ^
     pgxc_ctl_bash.c:35:3: error: invalid preprocessing directive #Common
      # Common variables
        ^
     pgxc_ctl_bash.c:36:1: error: ‘xc_prompt’ undeclared here (not in a
function)
      xc_prompt='PGXC$ '
      ^

So I think we better fix both of these issues. Firstly, switch to 'sed'
(which is already used on a number of places in the build process,
unlike 'ex' which is only used here). And secondly check the exit codes
and error-out properly.

Are you willing to fix the second issue, or should I do that?

regards