[Postgres-xl-developers] FreeBSD Port

Tomas Vondra tomas.vondra at 2ndquadrant.com
Sat Jun 17 09:39:21 PDT 2017

Hi Jov,

On 6/17/17 1:06 PM, Jov wrote:
> Hi,
> ex/vi on linux usually is vim,which has a lot of imprisonment than
> vi.While vi/ex on FreeBSD is the old vi.The problem can also be
> resolved by add vim as build dependencise for Postgres-XL,but it is
> wired for database build depend on a editor.

OK, so the reasoning is that while 'ex' maps to 'vi', lacking some of
the features compared to 'vim' on Linux. And that 'sed' does not have
this issue and is therefore more portable. I think that makes sense, and
agree it's better to use 'sed' than to add 'vim' as dependency.

> I fix some bug for pgxl 3 years ago and one of them is about wait.h.
> see: https://sourceforge.net/p/postgres-xl/mailman/message/33134489/

I'm a bit confused. So this was reported in 2014 but never committed?

regards