[Postgres-xl-developers] FreeBSD Port

John Schneider john.a.schneider at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 21:46:54 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm working on a FreeBSD port for Postgres-XL and have had some success
compiling and packaging it with basic options.

So far, I've found that two patches are necessary.  I've attached them for
your reference.  I suggest applying the patch for
contrib/pgxc_ctl/make_signature your source in git.  This replaces all ex
commands (which weren't working on FreeBSD) with a sed command.  I've
tested it both on FreeBSD and CentOS and confirmed the generated
pgxc_ctl_bash.c code is identical to that generated on CentOS before the
patch was applied.

I'll probably have some questions for you in the near future as I refine
the port and test the generated package.

Thanks,
John