[Postgres-xl-developers] 答复: reducing the duration of regression tests(Internet mail)

Tomas Vondra tomas.vondra at 2ndquadrant.com
Fri Jul 7 08:04:50 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 7/7/17 5:23 AM, jasonysli(李跃森) wrote:
> Hi,
> In fact, when running the PGXL regress on an advanced server with 24
> cores, 64GB memory. But it still take several minutes, so I think
> maybe it indeed need so much time :)

But doesn't that actually suggest the opposite - that the main resources
(CPU, I/O, memory) are not the limiting factor here? I mean, if it takes
minutes both on a laptop and a server with much more resources, then it
probably is not about the amount of work, no?

The thing is that I don't see CPU or I/O being saturated when running
the tests on my laptop, which is consistent with your observation that
running the tests on a machine with more resources does not help much.

If I had to guess I'd say this looks either as a lock contention, or
some sort of a timeout/wait. Considering that it's slow even when
running just a single test (using a single user connection), it probably
is not locking. But I don't see any waits/timeouts either.

regards