[Postgres-xl-developers] GTM-Master and GTM-Slave

Tomas Vondra tomas.vondra at 2ndquadrant.com
Tue Jan 17 06:18:25 PST 2017

On 01/17/2017 03:05 PM, RAMI wrote:
> I think so, but why he writes this, if it is not important for the GTM.
> (proxy name = "" ie who sent the data he does not know.)

The log messages are not tweaked like that - I'm sure there are cases
where those details would be valuable. Moreover, all of this is logged
with DEBUG so the verbosity is somewhat intentional.

> gtm_proxy:
>
> nodename = 'gtm-pxy01'
> listen_addresses = '*'
> port = 6666
> gtm_host = 'gtm-m'
> gtm_port = 20000
>
> coordinator:
>
> pgxc_node_name = 'coord01m'
> listen_addresses = '*'
> port = 15432
> pooler_port = 15433
> gtm_host = 'localhost'
> gtm_port = 6666
>
> datanode:
>
> pgxc_node_name = 'dn01'
> listen_addresses = '*'
> port = 25432
> pooler_port = 25433
> gtm_host = 'localhost'
> gtm_port = 6666

I think this explains the 'localhost' - the nodes are connecting to a
'localhost', so this part of the log message is correct. Not sure about
the rest.

regards