[Postgres-xl-developers] Postgres-xl on Power: AIX and Linux/Power

REIX, Tony tony.reix at atos.net
Thu Dec 14 07:51:02 PST 2017

Hi,

Some more details about v10alpha2:
 - FC25 / Power LE (GCC 7.1.0):
      - 20 failures (inc. 2 random failures):
            brin collate combocid create_index date groupingsets inherit limit privileges rowtypes rules sanity_check select_parallel sequence stats subselect tsrf updatable_views window with

 - FC25 / Power BE (GCC 6.3.1):
      - a hang once
      - up to 37 failures:
            brin cluster collate combocid constraints copy2 create_index groupingsets identity indirect_toast inherit insert insert_conflict join limit plpgsql privileges rangefuncs returning rowtypes rules sanity_check select_parallel sequence stats stats_ext subselect truncate tsrf union updatable_views with xc_distkey xc_sequence xl_functions xl_limitations xl_user_defined_functions

So. It seems that there are 19 failures appearing only within BigEndian.
I'm interested in getting these failures fixed some day, since AIX also is BE.

On AIX, I have 0 failure with PostgreSQL v9.6.6 & v10.1 and XLC.

List of failures which appear only on FC25 / Power BE :

   cluster
   constraints
   copy2
   identity
   indirect_toast
   insert
   insert_conflict
   join
   plpgsql
   rangefuncs
   returning
   stats_ext
   truncate
   union
   xc_distkey
   xc_sequence
   xl_functions
   xl_limitations
   xl_user_defined_functions

Regards,

Cordialement,

Tony Reix

ATOS / Bull SAS
ATOS Expert
IBM Coop Architect & Technical Leader
Office : +33 (0) 4 76 29 72 67
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France
www.atos.net<http://www.atos.net/>