[Postgres-xl-developers] How do we handle GTM proxy failure?

Tomas Vondra tomas.vondra at 2ndquadrant.com
Mon Dec 5 04:06:56 PST 2016

Hi Amos

On Fri, 2016-12-02 at 23:48 +0800, Amos Bird wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I've been using pgxl for a while. Recently a coordinator node's gtm
> proxy crashed and this node cannot act as an coordinator anymore. I
> wonder if we could specify more than one proxy for coordinators?

What do you mean by "cannot act as a coordinator anymore"? AFAIK it's
possible to start a new proxy and instruct the coordinator to the new
instance. Does that work, or do you get some sort of error?

Or are you proposing that this should happen automaticaally, i.e. there
should ne numtuple GTM proxy connections and XL should failover to one
of them automatically?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com