[Postgres-xl-developers] Host Standby - Running Read only queries son hot standby

Varun Shaji varunshaji at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:01:01 PDT 2016

Hi ,

I was implementing HA on postgres-xl and came to realise that the slave datanode and coordinate cannot be queries when on host-standby mode.
When i fired queries onto them they responded saying - Couldn’t` get transaction id from GTM.

I am curious to know if it would be possible to use the standby slaves for running read only queries. that way we could make use of the dormant hardware set aside for HA.

Regards
Varun SS