[Postgres-xl-developers] Port 5432 problem?

Joakim Lundgren lundgren700 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:27:33 PDT 2015

Hi!

I have set up a Postgres-XL Cluster consisting of three nodes in Debian
Linux using postgres-xl-v9.2-src.tar. I have following architecture

1 GTM
1 GTM Slave
3 GTM Proxy
3 Coordinator Masters
3 Coordinator Slaves
3 Datanode Masters
3 Datanode Slaves

I have configured pgxc_ctl.conf in order not to get any conflicts of the
usage of ports at the different machines, including the three Coordinator
Masters listening to ports "coordPorts=(20015 20016 20017)",
"poolerPorts=(20009 20010 20011)"

Now to the problem.

Each time I startup pgxc_ctl and wants to start psql in order to enter into
a database, I get the message

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

I appears that the coordinator masters "wants" to listen to default port
5432, instead of those that I have defined. Disabling the Slaves and using
"coordPorts=(5432 5432 5432)", "poolerPorts=(20009 20010 20011)", it works
fine!

Is this a known problem? Do any of you have a clue how to solve this?

I have read through the Git history since the Tar ball that I'm using was
created, but cannot easily see any bug fix for this. Perhaps I have missed
something in the configuration. If you have any clue, I would be more than
happy to share your experience.

Thx

Joakim Lundgren