[Postgres-xl-developers] Postgres-XL: a docker container

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Sun Jan 4 08:23:08 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Matthieu Lagacherie <matthieu at lagacherie.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have released a docker container to facilitate testing of Postgres-XL.
> This container can start a pseudo-distributed (local) Postgres-XL server
> with several nodes.
>
> Github project <https://github.com/postmind-net/pgxl-docker>
> A tutorial for starting Postgres-XL in pseudo-distributed mode
> <http://www.postmind.net/pgxl_docker-en.html>
>
> We have also tested this container on Google compute engine with the tool docker
> weave. <https://github.com/zettio/weave>
>
> Any questions, bug reports, and other feedback on this project are
> welcomed !

I took a look at your tutorial. This looks very cool! Thanks for putting it
together.

A question- the part that generates the pgxc_ctl.conf file- we were
planning on developing a tool to generate a config file given a list of
hosts and desired number of datanodes per host.  Is that a piece that can
be broken out and made independent of docker?

Thanks,

Mason