[Postgres-xl-developers] Postgres-XC/XL cluster level redundancy

Koichi Suzuki koichi.dbms at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:06:17 PST 2015

In this case, if Cluster B is the backup, you may not need any salves in
ClusterA, including gtm.   Also, you may not need masters in ClusterB.
Instead, you can configure all the salves including gtm at ClusterB.
Pgxc_ctl supports this configuration.

You can configure separate slaves at cluster A.   You can do it only
manually.  pgxc_ctl supports only one slave for a given master.   Also, at
present, you can configure only one GTM slave.   It is not pgxc_ctl
restriction.

In addition, because all the coordinators are almost identical if it does
not have any local table, you can use one coordinator master to add more
coordinator.   This may save some resources.

Regards;

---
Koichi Suzuki
https://www.linkedin.com/in/koichidbms