[Postgres-xl-developers] Backup and recovery

Joakim Lundgren lundgren700 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 01:47:16 PDT 2015

Hi!

I'm struggling some with backup and recovery of a postgres-XL cluster over
several nodes. I have read the manual and are using pg_basebackup to do a
hot backup.

My question is if there are any best practices how to do a full backup and
recovery of a cluster. Do I need to pg_basesetup on each node storing data
or is there any script that do the full backup on each node? If you run
pg_basesetup on each node, do they have to be synchronized in some way.

I'm glad for any input to this.

Thanks!

Joakim Lundgren