[Postgres-xl-developers] Using pgxc_ctl

Asim Praveen apraveen at pivotal.io
Sat Sep 6 15:10:58 PDT 2014

Hi All

Most likely I'm missing something obvious but I cannot start
postgres-xl using pgxc_ctl.  I want to configure one GTM, one
coordinator and 4 datanodes on a single host.  pgxc_ctl parses my
config file successfully, but fails at initialize step.  Here is the
console output:

<console>
[apraveen ~/postgres-xl]$ pgxc_ctl
--home=/Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data -c
/Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data/myinstance.conf
Installing pgxc_ctl_bash script as
/Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data/pgxc_ctl_bash.
Installing pgxc_ctl_bash script as
/Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data/pgxc_ctl_bash.
Reading configuration using
/Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data/pgxc_ctl_bash --home
/Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data --configuration
/Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data/myinstance.conf

Finished to read configuration.
   ******** PGXC_CTL START ***************

Current directory: /Users/apraveen/postgres-xl/data
PGXC init gtm master
Initialize GTM master
bash: gtm_ctl: command not found
bash: initgtm: command not found