[Postgres-xl-developers] Error in make

Nikhil Sontakke nikhils at translattice.com
Wed Jun 4 06:24:28 PDT 2014

Hi Atri,

We need openjade/jade for compiling docs. It also involves some additional
components like iso8879, docbook and docbook-dsssl. The sgml catalog needs
to be updated to point to these components. Here's what I have on my mac

/opt/local/share/sgml$ cat catalog
-- Created by XML Catalog Manager 2.2 --
CATALOG "/opt/local/etc/sgml/catalog"

CATALOG "/opt/local/share/sgml/docbook/4.2/docbook.cat"

CATALOG "/opt/local/share/dsssl/docbook-dsssl/catalog"

CATALOG "/opt/local/share/sgml/iso8879/catalog"

CATALOG "/opt/local/share/sgml/docbook/4.2/docbook.cat"

CATALOG "/opt/local/share/sgml/openjade/catalog"

CATALOG "/opt/local/share/xml/docbook/4.2/docbook.cat"

Also, do not forget to set the DOCBOOKSTYLE parameter after setting all
this. My value is:

echo $DOCBOOKSTYLE
/opt/local/share/dsssl/docbook-dsssl

There might be some further tweaks here and there. Kinda a little painful.

But, it seems, we have inadvertently include docs compilation as part of
normal "make". We need to avoid compiling docs for regular compiles.

HTH,
Nikhils

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to build postgres-xl from source but have the following error:
>
>    The object-relational database management system now known as
>   PostgreSQL is derived from the
>   POSTGRES package written at the
>   University of California at Berkeley.  With over two decades of
>   development behind it, PostgreSQL is now
>   the most advanced open-source database available anywhere.
>

>    The Berkeley POSTGRES Project
>
>      make[4]: *** [HTML.index] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/atri/Downloads/postgres-xl/doc-xc/src/sgml'
> make[3]: *** [sql_help.h] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/atri/Downloads/postgres-xl/src/bin/psql'
> make[2]: *** [all-psql-recurse] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/atri/Downloads/postgres-xl/src/bin'
> make[1]: *** [all-bin-recurse] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/atri/Downloads/postgres-xl/src'
> make: *** [all-src-recurse] Error 2
> atri at atri-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y500:~/Downloads/postgres-xl$
>

> Not sure why I am getting this error. Please advice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Atri
> --
> Regards,
>
> Atri
> *l'apprenant*

TransLattice - http://www.translattice.com
Distributed and Clustered Database Solutions