[Postgres-xl-developers] Removing a node (coord or data) from the cluster

Pradeep Jindal praddyjindal at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:27:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

I was reading through the docs here:
http://files.postgres-xl.org/documentation/remove-node-coordinator.html and
also read the source for pgxc_ctl. And both seem to be doing slightly
different things for removing a node from the cluster. pgxc_ctl also tries
to unregister a node from GTM using the gtm_util command, which seem to be
pgxc_ctl internal command, whereas documentation doesn't mention anything
like that at all.

Could you please tell me the correct procedure to remove a node from the
cluster? And if unregistering a node from GTM is a required step then how
can I run the gtm_util command *only* using pgxc_ctl?

Thanks,
-
praddy