[Postgres-xl-developers] synchronous replica

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Thu Aug 21 07:46:11 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 5:52 AM, bryain <pgdevuser at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a new question,I create a database cluster with 1 gtm, 2
> coordinates and 2 datanodes.And I create a database on one node(For
> example,at node1, /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb mytest),but an error when I
> login another node(psql: FATAL:  database "mytest" does not exist).Why
> isn't synchronous replica?

There is probably something still not quite right in the configuration. The
message makes it sound like the other coordinator may think it is a
stand-alone, and not part of the cluster. Please see this presentation to
help:

http://www.slideshare.net/mason_s/postgres-xl-scaling

Please use the pgxc_ctl utility to configure the cluster. Also, there have
been some bug fixes done for this utility, please use the latest code from
the source code repository.

Thanks,

--
Mason Sharp

TransLattice - http://www.translattice.com
Distributed and Clustered Database Solutions