[Postgres-xl-developers] Making GTM optional

Atri Sharma atri.jiit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 09:53:03 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I was wondering if its possible and how hard is it it make GTM starting
optional. I  understand that it may lead to consistency issues but if we
ensure eventual consistency on each node and with coordinator (maybe), we
could avoid the overhead of GTM.

Deploying an instance of Postgres-XL for test at work raised this
question,if we do heavy analytics, we may want to tradeoff consistency with
performance, so I was wondering if its possible and how we can go about it.

Regards,

Atri

--
Regards,